- You do not need to name your files in any specific way.
- A single image may be entered as an individual entry and part of a story and part of a portfolio.
- A picture story may be entered as a picture story and as part of a larger project and as part of a portfolio.
- Portraits may be included as part of a picture story, project or portfolio.
- Team entries are not allowed.
- All images must be taken in Asia.
- Unless otherwise stated, all photographs must be documentary in nature and adhere to journalistic principles.
- The photos do not need to be published.
- Anyone can participate, however most participants are professional photographers.
- The photographs must have been taken between 1 January 2019— 31 December 2020.
- Photographs must include caption information. You will be able to verify that the information is correct after uploading your images.
- Retrospectives, collections, branded content, personal websites or portfolios are not eligible in any category.
- Each photographer must fill out an individual registration form.
- The deadline for uploading your work is 16 March 2021 at 11pm/Singapore time.
- The judges will be nominated by Prashant Panjiar, Maye-E Wong, Tanya Habjouqa, Lynden Steele and Kay-Chin Tay, all Founding Advisors of POY ASIA.
- Please join us for live discussions through @poyasia Facebook page as we review the entries.
- The judges will meet virtually, and each will make a pre-selection on his or her own. These final projects and images will be selected by the judges which will be broadcast live.
- Submissions to POY Asia is via Picter.com.
- Submissions to the inaugural POY Asia is free.
- Submissions will be eligible for inclusion in exhibits, related programs and become part of the POYi archives, a growing comprehensive library of images that spans nearly 80 years.